Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chaos in the Darkroom


My Arizona vacation is over. I'm back home, and school is back in session... full force I might add. Finals are upon us, and suddenly the darkroom is packed with photo students who realize that there are only five weeks left to prepare their portfolios. For my final series concept, I am using Tina Barney's work as my inspiration. Her color repetition, interesting backgrounds, and her tense family-like portraits are what I will be trying to capture. If you aren't familiar with her, look up her work. I fell in love with her pink bathroom portrait that I saw as an enormous print at the Art Institute Museum in Chicago. I have a lot of ideas for my project... I just need to start working. I also need to stock up on darkroom photo paper... somehow; despite the fact that Kodak has recently discontinued its paper. It appears as though it will soon be the end of color darkroom. This is just a casual portrait I took of my boyfriend on our last day in Phoenix. I miss the flower scent there. Walking down the street here, I seem to get nothing more than an inhalation of air pollution. Though, I do love the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers